A practical and versatile tool for the kitchen, this induction hob adapter was designed by Bialetti to allow aluminium coffee makers such as their famous Moka Express to be used on induction hobs.
The Bialetti Induction Plate 13cm is suitable for all Bialetti Moka Express stovetop espresso makers (only up to the 6 cup model) as well as those from other brands.
- Place the Induction Plate on the heat source.
- Place the prepared coffee maker on the plate.
- Turn on the induction hob to a medium heat.
- When the coffee is ready, turn off the induction hob and remove the coffee maker from the plate.
- Allow the plate to cool on a suitable surface since the base of the plate will reach high temperatures.
Do not use the Induction Plate by itself on the heat source or the plate itself will overheat. For example, do not turn on your Induction Plate and then prepare your Bialetti stovetop, leaving the Induction Plate to “warm up”. It is similar to leaving a frying pan empty on a heat source that could result in the frying pan being warped or damaged. Once your stovetop espresso maker is prepared with water and coffee, only then should you turn on and use your Induction Plate.
The Induction Plate can be washed in a dishwasher, although hand washing is recommended in order to maintain the life of the product. Not suitable for microwave use.